Pierre Berton Resource Library
4921 Rutherford Road, Woodbridge (View Map)
Make It! is a creation space full of equipment and tools for makers of all ages. The focus here is the hands-on process of making something for a personal, educational, or entrepreneurial project.
Hours of Availability
Mon-Thu: 9am to 9pm | Fri: 9am to 6pm | Sat & Sun: 9am to 5pm
What you can find at Make It!
Fabrication Equipment and Tools
- Roland GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
- Carvey Tabletop Carving Machine
- Glowforge Plus Laser Cutter/Engraver
- Ultimaker 2+ 3D Printer
- Die Cutter
- Button Maker
- Software: Blender, CutStudio, Easel, MeshLab, Meshmixer, OpenSCAD, Ultimaker Cura.
Digital Design and Virtual Reality
- Oculus Rift
- Meta Quests
- Apple iMac computer workstation
- Software: Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro), Inkscape, Pixlr.
Photography and Film Making
- Green Screen
- Canon Powershot SX50 HS Camera
- Tripods and lights
- Software: Audacity, iMovie, SparkoCam, VSDC Video Editor.
Electronics, Coding and Robotics
- Arduino Uno
- Raspberry Pi
- Makey Makey
- Little Bits Arduino Coding
- Robots: Lego Mindstorm, Lego WeDo 2.0
- Software: Arduino IDE, Lego Education.
What does it cost?
Using the equipment is free for VPL members. For some services there is a small fee for the material costs.
- Button – $0.25 each
- 3D Printing – $0.25 per gram
- Laminating – $1.00 per half foot
- Carving – Free Service *
- Glowforge Plus – Free Service *
* Bring your own material or pay to use our materials. See Material Guidelines for details.