The Pierre Berton Resource Library will allow customers to bring in their own materials to use with the Carvey Machine.
The following materials can be used with Carvey
- HDPE (One or Two-Color)
- Any type of Plywood including Bamboo, Birch, Oak, and Cherry.
- Hard and Soft Woods of any natural wood species (i.e. Alder, Pine, Basswood, etc.)
- Expanded PVC
- Machinable Foam
- Machinable Wax
The Carvey machine has a workspace of 11.5 inches x 7.5 inches; please keep this in mind when choosing materials.
Materials approved for use in Carvey should not exceed the following dimensions:
Width (X-axis): 12 inches (30 cm)
Depth (Y-axis): 8 inches (20 cm)
Height (Z-axis): 0.93 inches (2.36 cm)
Please note that the maximum depth the machine can cut or engrave is 0.45 inches.
- Customers will still be required to take the proper certification course.
- Vaughan Public Libraries will not be held responsible for any damage or modifications caused to the material.
- Customers must also be present in the branch when their respective Carvey project is being made using their own materials. If Vaughan Public Library materials are used for the design, customers do not have to be present when their Carvey project is being made.
- Please inform the Digital Creation Specialist beforehand if you would like to customize the machine cut settings (i.e. feed rate, plunge rate and depth per pass).