What’s a Creation Space?
These are creative workspaces within our libraries for making things! These spaces are all about learning, creating, exploring, collaborating, and sharing in a friendly environment. Here you can expect to explore a wide variety of equipment and tools, from simple hand tools to the newest technologies.
Make It! Learn It! Create It!
Located at our three resource libraries we have three unique creation spaces: Make It!, Learn It!, and Create It! Our spaces are ideal for makers, entrepreneurs, artists, and musicians of all ages. Here you can explore all things STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) to help fulfill your creative goals.
Drop by to use equipment on a first-come, first-served basis or book equipment or services in advance.
Some examples of what you can do at our spaces:
- Record a song or podcast in the Recording Studio
- Run a photoshoot in the Photography & Video Studio
- 3D print, carve, or laser cut components
- Write computer code and program robots
- Build electric circuits and control them with micro computers
- Explore digital worlds in Virtual Reality
- Build models and structures with engineering sets
- Edit a video, build a website, or create digital art
- and so much more!
What does it cost?
Using the equipment is free for VPL members. For some services there is a small fee for the material costs.
- Button – $0.25 each
- 3D Printing – $0.25 per gram
- Laminating – $1.00 per half foot
- Carving – Free Service *
- Glowforge Plus – Free Service *
* Bring your own material or pay to use our materials. See Material Guidelines for details.
Our team of Digital Creation Specialists are available to answer questions, provide guidance, and assist with your creation needs.