Overdue DVDs, Video Games and Electronic Devices per day or part of a day
$2.00 per item
Other library materials per day or part of a day
$0.25 per item
Maximum fine per item
Total maximum late material charges per customer
Damaged or lost items
Full replacement cost plus $5.00 administration fee
Collection fee for library records sent to the collection agency
Replacement of lost or damaged library card
Activities causing damage to library computers, systems, software or computer equipment
You may pay fines at any Vaughan Public Libraries branch, by phone at 905-653-READ(7323), or online.
Suspension of Membership
Borrower privileges are withdrawn:
- when fines and charges reach $25.00 or more;
- if 1 or more items are overdue 30 days or longer;
- if lost materials are not paid for;
- if user activities damage library computers, systems, software of computer equipment;
- if a user persistently fails to comply with VPL Policies, Regulations and Rules of Conduct;
- library card expired;
- card reported as lost.
Privileges will be reinstated upon payment of all outstanding charges, or when a proof of address is provided to renew your library card.