Anyways, guess what? No seriously. Guess.
You read that right. The annual “read ‘em till you can’t read no more” bonanza is back and this time it’s better than ever. This year we at VPL (Vaughan Public Libraries) are challenging YOU (the collective you as in all of you) to come together and read 500,000 pages. That’s half a million if my mathematic skills are correct.
But why half a million?
Well, it’s a pretty big number see? It’s got a lot of zeros see? And saying that the Teens of Vaughan read half a million pages in two months is bragging rights for all see? There’s this thing called an iPad Mini that’s up for grabs to one lucky reader see? All worthwhile endeavors.
I thought you’d be.
Alright, hold those horses until I give you all of the particulars about this epic community read-a-thon. Here are some things you need to know:
1. You do not have to read 500,000 pages on your own. The goal is for ALL teens across Vaughan to read a TOTAL of 500,000 pages by the end of the summer (August 30th)
2. For every 100 pages that you read you earn 1 ballot that will go into our iPad draw. Meaning: The more you read the better your chances are of winning!
3. The contest is open for teens 13-18 years old (12 if you’re turning 13 in 2015).
4. Every week you can try your hand at the Guessing the Cover contest for a chance to win a prize pack.
5. In order to win you need to create an account on the contest page and submit your pages throughout the summer. ESP does not count people! We’re librarians, not psychics! Well….we could be psychic librarians…..
And that’s it! Pretty easy peasy super simple no? Excellent. After all these five hundred thousand pages are not going to read themselves you know.
Well then what are you all waiting for? GET READING PEOPLE!