Once you’ve taken our Certification Courses (Get Certified!) for the 3D Printer and Carvey, you can book time for a staff member to bring your creation to life!
In order to make a booking:
- Ensure you’ve taken the proper certification course.
- Print and sign a Customer Agreement Form and return it on your first booking Download Customer Agreement Form.
- Fill out the Booking Form at the bottom of this page and upload your file.
- 3D Printing: save your file as a .stl, .obj, or .thing.
- Carvey: save your Easel Editor link.
- Read the rules and guidelines below:
- Bookings must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- Only materials provided by the library may be used with the 3D printers and Carvey
- Only staff have access to the 3D printers and Carvey.
- 3D printers can be booked for up to 7 hour prints.
- The Carvey can be booked for up to 2 hours.
3D Printing $1.00 plus an additional $0.10 per gram per print job
Carvey $1.00 plus Material Cost plus $0.10 per minute
Material Cost Information
|Material||Size (in)||Thickness (in)||Cost (C$)|
|Plywood-G1S/Oak||8 x 12||1/4||$1.25|
|Plywood-G1S/Oak||8 x 12||1/2||$1.5|
|Two-Colour HDPE Yellow on Black (Plastic)||6 x 6||1/4||$3.25|
|Green Expanded PVC Sheet (Plastic)||8 x 12||1/8||$5.00|