Vaughan Public Libraries has programs, services, collections and spaces to engage and support families at every stage of development. VPL offers:
- Programs that nurture the joy of reading. From storytimes that promote early literacy development to Reading Buddies to Summer Reading Club, the library is the place to be.
- Services that support families and build strong communities.
- Collections that support learning and leisure.
- Vibrant community spaces where families can spend time together playing board games, meeting new people, working on homework and discovering new passions.
For more information about the exciting happenings at Vaughan Public Libraries Please check out What's On
or drop into any of our locations
Supporting your child's education
Great Community Resources
Fun & Learning
Health & Wellness
Safe and Responsible Internet Use
VPL encourages parents and guardians to become actively involved with their children's use of the Internet.
Here are some suggestions to help ensure that your children have an enjoyable, safe experience while using the Internet:
- Understand and supervise your children's use of the Internet.
- Teach your children to protect themselves and respect others when they use the Internet.
- Review your children's Internet and email habits on a regular basis.
Here are some helpful resources:
- Be Web Aware
The Be Web Aware philosophy is Learn: understand what your kids do; Communicate: keep the
conversations happening; Participate: use the tools and enjoy! Parents will find this site to be a wealth of useful information.
- Media Smarts
MediaSmarts is a Canadian not-for-profit charitable organization for digital and media literacy.